American Style Vegan Pancakes
February is a great month for pancakes! Not only is it pancake day on the 28th, but pancakes are also a great vegan Valentine's day breakfast treat.
Vegan pancakes don't have to be time consuming and complicated to taste great. Here is my simple recipe for making delicious, American style chocolate chip pancakes:
- 2 Cups of self raising flour
- 2 Cups of plant/nut milk of your choice
- ½ Teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ Teaspoon of natural vanilla flavouring
- ¼ Cup of vegan dark chocolate chips
- Pinch of salt
- Combine the flour and plant/nut milk in a mixing bowl, and whisk until smooth
- Add the baking powder, salt and vanilla and stir to combine
- Add the chocolate chips and stir to combine once again
- Grab a non-stick frying pan, and turn the heat onto medium-high. (Feel free to add some coconut oil, Frylight or vegan butter)
- Pour a ladle sized amount into the pan at a time and fry to around 1.5-2 minutes on each side, then move to a plate
- Continue until of the batter is used up, and then top with your favourite fruit and chocolate sauce!
If you try out this pancake recipe, be sure to let me know how you get on and if you have any improvements, in the comments below!